Contracts and Trade Compliance Manager
AbelConn Electronics, a Celestica company, is a premier provider of specialty and custom electronic assemblies, backplanes, connectors and interconnect solutions. We deliver integrated solutions engineered to the highest standards of quality, compliance and performance. Our products are an integral part of many aerospace, avionics, military markets and technology-driven, mission critical, and performance-critical applications and markets.
AbelConn is built upon the foundation of its dedicated and talented workforce. Our top priority is to hire the best and offer maximum opportunities to thrive professionally. We want you to succeed. Because when our people succeed, our company succeeds.
The role of the Contracts and Trade Compliance Manager will be responsible for governing all contracts and trade compliance for AbelConn. Contract administration responsibilities include representing AbelConn in the negotiation, and administration of contracts. Responsible for the negotiation of new contracts, renegotiation of existing contracts, and providing support to the Business Development organization. Responsibility for export compliance with U.S. and Non-U.S. laws and regulations dealing with export, customs, and sanctions. Responsible for the Export Compliance Program including licensing, compliance, training and audit.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Legal or paralegal background preferred.
- 5 years contract management experience with at least 3 years in US Government contracting
- Working knowledge of government contracts laws and regulations and update.
- Preferred experience in U.S. Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR); the U.S. Department of Commerce and other U.S. and Non-U.S. laws and regulations dealing with export, customs, and sanctions. Preparation of licensing for defense articles and defense technical data and with preparation of Technical Assistance Agreements, DJs and GCs. Related experience with export control analysis, education, licensing and compliance in a similar industry. Competency of export regulations, including EAR and ITAR jurisdiction/classification.
- May require occasional travel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (clear, concise and professional)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong risk management skills
- Strong negotiations skills
- Strong attention to detail and outcome-oriented focus
- Ability to be hands on and dig into the details
- Proven critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Able to work independently and with team members
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
In addition to offering a competitive salary, AbelConn offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability, vision, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. AbelConn is a US ITAR facility all employees must be US citizens or permanent legal residents. Submit resumes w/ salary requirements to:
9210 Science Center Drive
New Hope, MN 55428
AbelConn is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to advancing diversity in the workplace. EOE/D/M/F/Veteran Friendly Employer.