SUMMARY As a key member of the Atrenne Computing Solutions (ACS) leadership team, the Division Controller is responsible for accurate and timely financial reporting and analysis in support of business objectives. This role is responsible for evaluating results across the organization and within teams to determine if financial objectives are being met. This role oversees the Finance department in Brockton, MA, which includes the Accounting Manager, Asst. Division Controller, Accounts Payable Clerk and Accounts Receivable/Collections Specialist, as well as the Finance team in XiamenChina.
On a day to day basis, this position will support the ACS leadership team and businesses. The Division Controller will be hands-on and operationally focused. They will work with the ACS team to drive operational initiatives that will improve and achieve budgeted financial results and overall performance to meet and exceed EBITDA targets. This role will be the lead finance/accounting person for this division and will have direct oversight/accountability for the results. This person will be looked at to make improvements in all aspects of the finance function including reporting, forecasting, budgeting, etc.
- Evaluate financial performances and generate profit and loss statements.
- Propose financial options to support business objectives.
- Identify financial risks and develop appropriate action plans.
- Discuss financial terms and conditions with customers and perform negotiations when needed.
- Budget preparation and expense management activities.
- Coordinate with management in financial analysis and planning operations.
- Generate financial reports to management in timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain accounting control parameters and recommend improvements to current control procedures.
- Perform month-end reconciliation and account closing processes
- Provides profit planning, expense budgets, accounts receivable, cost standards, capital investing, sales forecast and saving opportunities, together with the necessary procedures and controls to effectuate the plan.
- Forecasts short-range and long-range profits and cash, this includes monthly forecasts, the annual operating plan and the development of 5 year strategic plans.
- Keeps the Division President and the Corporate CFO informed of the division performance and provides advice on all financial matters.
- Prepares information for monthly Board of Directors meetings
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business required with a MBA or CPA highly preferred along with 10 plus years of experience in a manufacturing environment – preferably within the electronics industry. Experience around cost accounting and cost management is extremely important. Strong technical accounting background including experience with GAAP compliance.
Strong decision-making skills and ability to use sound judgment and challenge assumptions when appropriate
Proven ability to influence senior management as relates to conclusions based upon analysis and findings.
Proven flexibility and ability to cope with pressure resulting from changing priorities and meeting tight deadlines and reporting requirements. Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive information.
Proven leadership skills, team-orientation, and a proactive and optimistic management style; Ability to work cross-functionally to solve complex problems and improve quality and service. An understanding of ITAR and government contracts is a strong plus.
COMPUTER SKILLS To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. A strong systems background is required with direct experience working with EPICOR highly desirable. Demonstrated knowledge of financial and accounting concepts, techniques, and regulatory requirements. Internet and Project Management or other database software knowledge helpful.
In addition to offering a competitive salary, Atrenne offers an excellent benefits package. Visit our web site at www.atrenne.com. Atrenne is a US ITAR facility all employees must be US citizens or permanent legal residents. Submit resumes to:
Atrenne Computing Solutions
10 Mupac Drive
Brockton, MA 02301
Fax (508) 562-4393
Atrenne is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE/D/M/F/Veteran Friendly Employer