Atrenne Computing Solutions LLC, a Celestica company is seeking an Electrical Circuit Design Engineer. This role works closely with customers within the Aerospace and Defense markets to develop product specifications, oversees the detailed design and test activities for projects, and provides guidance to the global design teams for the development of PCBAs and LRUs (Line Replaceable Units). The Electrical Circuit Design Engineer will work alongside the Global Sales & Business Development team, mechanical designers, application engineers, and the program management team to develop and deliver products in accordance with the customer requirements and program statement of work.
The successful candidate will be a high-energy, creative and resourceful self-starter that demonstrates leadership skills and a commitment to excellence. A hands-on person who possesses the best combination of technical thinking and drive to achieve tangible results.
Education and Required Experience
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering (EE), plus 6+ years of experience, or MS in EE with 4+ years of experience
- Experience with analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuit analysis, simulation, design, test, troubleshooting, signal integrity, power, grounding, and general board layout principles
- Experience with circuit bring up, rework, debug, and test
This position reports to the Director of Engineering to perform the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Customers’ engineering teams to develop requirements for PCBAs, hardware, test, and validation & verification related to the customer’s application
- Lead and participate in complex circuitry (microprocessor, microcontroller, and/or FPGA/CPLD hardware) requirements definition
- Mentor and coach other engineers within the team and across Celestica’s global design teams
- Follow designs through formal verification, environmental qualification, and production release to ensure compliance with specifications
- Work in collaboration with mechanical engineers and test development engineers to develop production PCBA and LRUs
- Strong understanding of digital and analog circuit design with DO-160 and MIL-STD-461/810 certification considerations
- High speed digital design and signal integrity analysis experience covering CPU or FPGA centric circuit development
- Ability to design, analyze, and qualify highly reliable electronic circuits to be used in harsh environmental conditions
- Working knowledge of ARINC 429, RS-232/422, Ethernet, MIL-1553, CAN Bus, USB, and other communication interfaces and protocols
- Strong understanding of the FAA PCBA/LRU certification process (formal verification, environmental qualification, and production release)
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of internal and external customers with demonstrated success working in a matrix organization
- Excellent presentation and computer skills
- Understanding of requirement traceability and gap analysis
Other Areas of Consideration
The following areas of experience are preferred but not required:
- OrCAD Capture, DxDesigner or similar PCB design tools
- Broad knowledge and understanding of engineering design, test, quality, and production in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of materials, supply chain, and components used in the manufacturing of electro-mechanical systems, printed circuit boards and subassemblies
- Cable harnesses and interconnect systems design
To conform to U.S. Government commercial space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 8 U.S.C.
1324b(a)(3), applicants for employment must be a U.S. citizen or national, lawfully admitted for permanent residence into the U.S. (i.e. current green card holder), or lawfully admitted as a refugee or granted asylum under 8 U.S.C.
Based in Brockton, Mass., Atrenne Computing Solutions, LLC, a Celestica company, is an innovative leader in system architecture for computing platforms. The company has more than 40 years of experience designing and manufacturing solutions for the military, industrial, and telecom industries.
Locations in Brockton and Littleton, Massachusetts
Visit us on the web at: www.atrenne.com
Please forward resume to: email@example.com or fax to (508) 562-4393
No unsolicited third-party recruiters or agencies, please.
Atrenne is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to advancing diversity in the workplace.
EOE/D/M/F/Veteran Friendly Employer