Atrenne Computing Solutions, locations in Brockton & Littleton, MA is seeking an electrical engineer with 5-10 years’ experience (including co-op or internship positions) who will be an integral member of our Engineering department. Reporting to Atrenne’s Electrical Engineering Manager, the electrical engineer will be responsible for the entire design (from schematic capture to assembly release) of boards and backplanes. This includes proper component selection, verification of all board products within our chassis designs and verification of any board interface to chassis wiring.
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a BSEE with the ability to operate a schematic capture system (preferably Mentor Graphics DxDesigner or Cadence Orcad). Experience with backplane and board design, power distribution systems, researching board components and creating and maintaining component libraries also required.
- Drafting electrical schematics detailing the integration of backplane and peripheral I/O subsystems in embedded computing enclosures.
- Managing board layouts, including the construction of library parts, with designated layout personnel.
- Generating bill of materials (BOMs) and other manufacturing documentation.
- Completing design verification processes including all required documentation.
- Providing support, as needed, during the manufacture of board and backplane assemblies and during chassis integration.
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities is required along with accurately forecasting the time necessary to complete projects.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in an environment of changing priorities and short timeframes.
- Interface with customers in regard to the development of products to meet the specifications established by the customer and application engineering.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Ability to work with program management and manufacturing during the development and execution of projects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
- Working knowledge of printed circuit board layout preferred.
- Working knowledge of printed circuit board manufacturing preferred.
- Experience with VME, VPX, CPCI and VXS system busses preferred.
- The successful candidate will have a firm grasp of the English language with good written and oral communication skills. This position is eligible for a hybrid work model that incorporates a mixture of in-office and remote work in an employee's schedule.
Based in Brockton, Mass., Atrenne Computing Solutions, LLC, a Celestica company, is an innovative leader in system architecture for computing platforms. The company has more than 40 years experience designing and manufacturing solutions for the military, industrial and telecom industries.
Locations in Brockton and Littleton, Massachusetts
Visit us on the web at: www.atrenne.com
Please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (508) 562-4393
No unsolicited third-party recruiters or agencies, please.
Atrenne is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to advancing diversity in the workplace.
EOE/D/M/F/Veteran Friendly Employer
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Atrenne Computing Solutions participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.