Celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, Atrenne Computing Solutions, LLC based in Brockton, Massachusetts, is an innovative leader in system architecture for computing platforms, designing and manufacturing solutions for the military, industrial and telecom industries.
We’re currently seeking an Electrical Engineer with 10-12 years’ experience (including co-op or internship positions) who will be an integral member of our Engineering team.
Reporting to our Electrical Engineering Manager, this role will be responsible for the entire design (from schematic capture to assembly release) of boards and backplanes. This includes proper component selection, verification of all board products within our chassis designs and verification of any board interface to chassis wiring.
We’re seeking an electrical engineer with 10-12 years’ of experience who will be an integral member of our Engineering department. The electrical engineer will be responsible for the entire design (from schematic capture to assembly release) of boards and backplanes. This includes proper component selection, verification of all board products within our chassis designs and verification of any board interface to chassis wiring.
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a BSEE with the ability to operate a schematic capture system (preferably Mentor Graphics DxDesigner or Cadence Orcad). Experience with backplane and board design, power distribution systems, researching board components and creating and maintaining component libraries is also required.
• Drafting electrical schematics detailing the integration of backplane and peripheral I/O subsystems in embedded computing enclosures.
• Managing board layouts, including the construction of library parts, with designated layout personnel.
• Generating bill of materials (BOMs) and other manufacturing documentation.
• Completing design verification processes including all required documentation.
• Providing support, as needed, during the manufacture of board and backplane assemblies and during chassis integration.
• In depth knowledge of Digital and Analog Circuit Design
• Experience with High Speed Board Design (>10Gig) is Strongly Preferred
• Design Experience with Minimizing EMI and ESD issues
• Able to collaborate with customers regarding System Engineering and Architecture
• Knowledge of and Experience Designing with Processors, Microcontrollers, High Speed Memory (DDR2,3,4), Programmable Logic, ADCs, Op-Amps.
• Significant experience with Lab Test Equipment including, Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers.
• Ability to work with Customers to resolve Field issues.
• Ability to handle multiple projects in an environment of changing priorities and short timeframes.
• Working knowledge of printed circuit board layout and manufacturing.
• Experience with VME, VPX, CPCI and VXS system busses preferred.
The successful candidate will have a firm grasp of the English language with good written and oral communication skills.
This role is eligible for a hybrid work model that incorporates in-office and remote work in an employee’s weekly schedule.
Please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Atrenne would like to thank all applicants, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
No unsolicited third-party recruiters or agencies, please.
Atrenne is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to advancing diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Atrenne’s policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran or disability status, or other characteristics protected by law.
This policy applies to hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral and other aspects of employment and also states that retaliation against a person who files a charge of discrimination, participates in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposes an unlawful employment practice will not be tolerated. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Atrenne Computing Solutions participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.